HYRC Will Sponsor Votegetting Workshop For 400 Republicans

The Harvard Young Republican Club is sponsoring a vote-getting workshop for 400 Massachusetts Republican leaders at the University Saturday.

The all-day program will include sessions on campaign strategy, winning the minority vote, voter registration, finance, and generally revitalizing the state GOP. It will be led by Massachusetts Republican leaders, including Frederic Dumaine, Jr., the new GOP state chairman.

In the evening the HYRC will present its first Republican-of-the-Year Award to Senator Kenneth B. Keating (R-N.Y.), who will deliver a major policy speech at 8:30 p.m. in Sanders Theatre. Earlier, Leonard Hall, chairman of the Republican National Committee during the Eisenhower Administration, will speak on the role of television and the mass media in politics at a fund-raising dinner in Memorial Hall.

Robert L. Beal '63, chairman of the workshop, said that 75 New England College Young Republicans are also expected to attend the program and will elect their officers for next year at a caucus meeting in the late afternoon.