Sailors Cop 2 Seconds; Tech Wins Dinghy Cup

In its first dinghy competition of the spring the Crimson sailing team took second palce in the two-day Boston Dinghy Club Cup Regatta last weekend. M.I.T. won the meet with 288 points to Harvard's 258.

If it hadn't been for two fouls, Harvard would have come 27 points closer to winning the trophy, which they last took home two years ago. In the eighth race Dave Stookey was disqualified for hitting a buoy, and in the tenth race, Tim Prince dropped out after hitting a starting line marker.

Prince finished second in the "A" division. Stookey and Dave Gants shared the helm in the "B" division, finishing third. Skippering for Tech were Terry Cronburg, top scorer in the meet, and Bob Schlosberg.

The Coast Guard Academy, the only professionally coached squad in New England, took third in the weekend competition with 246 points. Babson College copped fourth place in the 14-team field.

The Crimson took another second place Sunday when they lost the Raven Heptagonal meet to Brown. The Coast Guard, sailing on home water, placed third.

In a two-day meet this weekend, the squad will race 13 New England teams in the Owen Trophy Regatta. Sunday, the sailors will compete in a triangular meet against the University of Rhode Island and Wesleyan at U.R.I.