Crimson Booters To Face Cornell In Ithaca March

The varsity soccer squad takes on the Big Red of Cornell this morning in their second Ivy contest of the season.

The team, which traveled to Ithaca, N.Y. with the football team yesterday morning, shouldn't have much trouble scoring their second straight Ivy success. Last week, Harvard downed Columbia 3-1. But, in the past two weekends, Columbia has beaten Princeton and Princeton has tied Cornell.

Still Seeking Top Spot

With its 1-0 record, Harvard stands second among the Ivies. Brown took over first place last week by defeating Yale, 3-2. Brown rolled up a 3-0 margin and then held off a Bulldog rally in the fourth period.

Brown faces Dartmouth today for what looks like an easy victory. The Indians lost their opener last Saturday in a 1-0 struggle with Pennsylvania, which got a 3-2 beating from Brown the week before. The Ivy title was shared by Brown and Dartmouth last year.

The third Ivy match of the morning will bring Yale, which is trailing the league, to Columbia, which is tied with Pennsylvania for third place.

This is how the teams line up now behind Brown and Harvard: Columbia and Pennsylvania tied at 1-1-0; Cornell, 0-0-1; Princeton, 0-1-1; and Dartmouth and Yale, 0-1-0.