Potent BC Stuns J.V. Footballers

The Boston College junior varsity scored the first two times they got the ball and went on to drub the Crimson's undermanned j.v. football team, 34 to 18, at B.C. yesterday afternoon.

Harvard was down, 20 to 0, before quarterback Pete Berg broke the ice on a four-yard end run in the second quarter. B.C. put the game out of reach, however, with two quick six-pointers once the second half started.

Harvard played the junior Eagles even in the second half, but couldn't score again until the fourth quarter, when Bob Machin blocked a punt and Tony Kilkuskie recovered the loose ball in the end zone. Then in a spectacular but hopeless finish, Berg passed 32 yards to halfback Gary Strandemo, who made an acrobatic grab on the goal line as the final gun sounded.

B.C. Grinds it Out

B.C., with no varsity game scheduled for this weekend, used a flashy backfield studded with varsity second-stringers to grind out a steady ground attack.

Harvard's minimal j.v. squad, depleted by the varsity's Cornell trip, was often able to move freely, but not consistently enough to sustain long drives.