7 Professors Will Lecture At Old Miss

Seven Law School professors will help University of Mississippi Law School School students get a "national" point of view by lecturing on aspects of federalism there this spring. Andrew J. Casner, associate dean of the Law Faculty said yesterday.

Originally, Casner said, the University of Mississippi planned to bring one visiting professor to its Law School with funds from a Ford Foundation grant But, he continued, when the professor they had chosen became ill last summer it was impossible to find a man able to spend the entire year in Mississippi.

Yale Also Volunteers

The dean of the school. Joshua M. Morse, arranged for eight Yale professors to spend two weeks each in Oxford this semester. The second semester of the course on federalism will be taught by Harvard professors, each spending about six days in Mississippi.

Ernest J. Brown, professor of Law will teach the first week of the course. Both he and Archibald Cox '34, former Solicitor-General, will lecture on interstate commerce. Cox will follow Brown

Paul M. Bator will discuss the legal action a man can take to get out of prison once he is in. Paul A. Fround will speak on freedom of speech and press.

Bureaucratic Dealings

Clark Byose will lecture on the right of individuals and corporations to appear before administrative tribunals such as the Federal Communications Commission. Frank I. Michelman will deal with the problem of federal-state fiscal relations, including the grant-in aid programs that are currently pumping millions of dollars of federal money into education and welfare.

Albert M. Sacks will examine what he calls "federal power over private wrong," a topic that includes federal action on lynchings and civil rights murders.

Brown predicted last night that civil rights will not become a central issue during the professors' stays in Mississippi. "We are law professors and they are law students," he said. "That is the important thing."