Swimmers Take Two Wins From Columbia, Penn.

The varsity swimming team used the interim break to prepare for the February 14 meet with Princeton by rolling over Pennsylvania 65-30 and downing Columbia 62-32 in two away meets.

Neither contest provided Coach Bill Brook's squad with a stern test, but the Crimson was not able to take all the honors. In the Penn meet in Philadelphia on Friday, the varsity came up against one of the East's better free-stylers, Lou Kosloff, who won the 50 and 100 yard freestyles in the fine times of 21.7 and 48.9 respectively.

Harvard took both relays, and veterans Dave Abramson, Neville Hayes, and Bob Corris won individual contests in the 200, the butterfly, and the breast-stroke.

Against Columbia in New York the next day, the varsity took seven of eleven events for the victory. Sophomore diver Wayne Jones was a new winner for the Crimson, taking the low board contest in the absence of senior Danny Mahoney.

The win over Columbia was almost completely a sophomore victory. Sophomore Al Rose took the butterfly while classmates Tony Fingleton, Jim Seubold, and Corris won the backstroke the 100, and the individual medly, respectively. The only non-sophomore winner was Abramson in the 500 yard freestyle.