Harvard Tennis Team Hosts Yale in EITL Match Today

Harvard's tennis team, undefeated in regular season play, hosts Yale at 2 p.m. in a match which should assure the Crimson of at least a tie for the Eastern Intercollegiate Tennis League crown.

Harvard still must down Penn May 20th before it can claim sole rights to the .

Though the varsity netmen have a definite edge on Yale all the way down the , the superiority is not enough to consider Yale a pushover. Yale is in strength to Army, which fell to Harvard, 6-3, last Saturday.

The top Eli players, Jack Waltz and Brooks, are solid players, but not the calibre of Harvard's Chum Steele Dave Benjamin. In doubles, however, the Yale pair will give Steele and partner Dean Peckham more trouble. Yale's 6-3 loss to Princeton, Waltz Brooks whipped Keith Jennings and Lee Rawis, 2-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Junior Jay Westcott (number three) probably Yale's best hope for a singles . An aggressive player, Westcott was kept his opponents off-balance with net-play. His victims include Princeton's Ham Magill, who against Harvard breezed past Clive Kileff. Kileff, ground-stroker like Magill, will have hands full with Westcott.

Yale Shallow

Yale, whose depth doesn't begin to compare with Harvard's, should have little success in the lower positions. Crimson captain Peckham, Richie and Brian Davis ought to win at four, five, and six, respectively.

Harvard will also be shooting for the Three title, a ten singles and five doubles rivalry between Harvard, Princeton and Yale. Harvard earlier defeated Princeton, 8-7, for the first leg.

Yale Shallow

Yale Shallow

Yale Shallow

Yale Shallow

Yale Shallow