Trottenberg Resigns From Radcliffe Job

Double Work Load Proves Too Much

Arthur D. Trottenberg '48 will resign from his post as administrative vice-president of Radcliffe on June 30, the Radcliffe News Office announced yesterday.

Trottenberg, assistant dean for Resources and Planning at Harvard, is the only Harvard official in the Radcliffe administration. He is resigning from his Radcliffe position because his duties at Harvard prevent his fulfilling a "quarter-time" job at Radcliffe, the News Office said.

Trottenberg was appointed administrative vice-president of Radcliffe in 1960. Mrs. Bunting was then initiating a program of consolidating the ties between Harvard and Radcliffe. In the same year, Charles A. Coolidge '17, became the first member of the Harvard Corporation, to be appointed to the Radcliffe Council.

Helen H. Gilbert, acting president of Radcliffe, said last night that although member of the Harvard administration will not necessarily fill the office, Radcliffe "will keep as close ties with Harvard as possible.

The load that Trottenberg must carry, as both an assistant dean of Harvard and administrative vice-president of Radcliffe is quite heavy, she pointed out, and possibly no member of the Harvard administration would have the time to handle both jobs.

As administrative vice-president Trottenberg was responsible for all business and planning activities at Radcliffe.