Harvard's Finest

It was annual Military Review Day across the river yesterday for the Harvard Army-Navy-Air Force Reserve Officers Units. Two hundred men of Harvard were reviewed by the military and the 18th U.S. Army Band played.

Top ROTC scholar-soldiers were given awards for soldierly scholarship by such organizations as the Sons of the American Revolution. Charles F. Adams, Overseer and Chairman of the Board at Raythoon, congratulated the units for their part in "helping halt the implacable roll of the Communist conspiracy."

But the top drawing card was the Northern Communist Beatnik element. They were supposed to sit in and cause much confusion in the ranks, as they did at Cornell and Columbia. Deans Watson and Monro and University Police Chief Robert Tonis had met earlier to discuss the potential disturbance and were on hand for the big event. The Cambridge Police lurked in the parking lot, as did two men in a plain, unmarked car, whom the CRIMSON decided (2-1 with one abstention) were from the FBI.

But the Northern Communist Beatniks, although they said they thought the idea a good one, stayed home and studied.