Kennedy To Attend Rites For Brother

By Mary L. Wissler

Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) will attend a memorial service in honor of his brother, the late President John F. Kennedy '40, at noon today in Memorial Church.

The service is being held as a part of the 25th reunion of the Class of 1940. It is open to the members of the Class of 1940 and their wives, and to seniors.

Yesterday the 25th reunion activities got off to a very wet start. While nearly everyone showed up for the announced "Salem Historic Tour" despite the rain, the spirit of many of the day's planned features--including a tour of the North Shore Gardens--was dampened by the weather. According to one of the undergraduates who helped with activities at the Essex Country Club, "the rain ruined everything, everyone stayed in the bar all day."

With heavy drizzles forecast for today, the 25th reunion's luncheon in the Houses, dinner at the Palmer Dixon Courts, and evening at Symphony Hall will be more in tune with the weather.

The 50th reunion of the Class of 1915 may have more trouble with the weather today, however. Buses for golfers are scheduled to leave at 9 a.m. and a tour of Mrs. Thomas Jefferson Coolidge's house in Manchester, Mass will begin at 11:15 a.m. The reunion will also hold a dinner at Kresge Hall.

The Harvard and Radcliffe Baccalaureate Services will be among today's Commencement Week activities. The Radcliffe service will be held at Memorial Church at 2 p.m. with Kenneth V. Thimann, former Higgins Professor of Biology and Master of East House, as the principal speaker. The Harvard service will be held in Memorial Church at 4:15 p.m.

Radcliffe Commencement exercises will take place tomorrow in Radcliffe Yard, weather permitting, or in Sanders Theatre in case of rain. President Bunting will be the speaker at the ceremony which will begin at 11 a.m.