Warren A. Seavey, 85, Dies at Home

Warren A. Seavey '02, Bussey Professor of Law, Emeritus, died yesterday morning at his home in Weston after a heart attack. He was 85 years old.

Seavey, an authority on the law of agency, graduated from the Law School in 1904 and taught there from 1927 until his retirement in 1955.

Before and after teaching at Harvard he told colleagues he led a "peripatetic existence as an instructor." He taught at 12 different law schools in this country, at Pei Yang University in China, and at the College of Law of the A.E.F. University in France after World War I.

He was the author of basic studies and casebooks in Agency and Torts.

A memorial service will be held Monday at 4 p.m. in Memorial Church.

Recommended Articles

Seavey Begins Series Of Law Meetings for Future Law Students
Warren A. Seavey '02, Bussey Professor of Law, has announced that he will hold discussion groups during the next several,
Seavey Retires from Law School Post Following 27-Year Teaching Career
Warren A. Seavey '02, Bussey Professor of Law, will retire next June after 27 years as a professor on the
Truman Should Have Silenced M' Arthur Sooner, Seavey Says
President Truman should have clamped down on General MacArthur before a crisis developed." Warren A. Seavey '02, Bussey Professor of
Professors Discuss GOP Policy
Five professors will discuss Republican domestic and foreign policy at the Republican Open Forum's first meeting of the year in
Seavey Gives Advise On Officer Training
Reassuring several hundred Law School students, anxious over their chances in the draft, Warren A. Seavey, Bussey Professor of Law,
Seavey To Tell Fate Of Students In Draft
Undergraduates whose numbers came up early in the draft drawing last week will learn what they're in for when Warren