Experts Suggest U.N. Admit China

John K. Fairbank, director of the East Research Center, endorsed a statement Sunday that the United States revamp "out-of-date" policy toward Communist China.

In a paper signed by 198 East-Asian scholars, the United States was urged to cease using its influence to block admission of Peking to the United Nations, and to announce its willingness to establish diplomatic relations with the People's Republic.

The documents also calls upon the States to end its embargo with these mainland and propose to Peking a new phase of bilateral negotiate the items of arms control, the force as an instrument of policy, range of diplomatic representa- tion.

The declaration proposed five factors represent United States policy should be based; the People's Republic of China is a fact of international politics; it is committed to a policy of hostility United State; this country can hope to lessen the hostility by a willing-explore areas of mutual interest with Peking; the Nationalist Chinese regime has a future only as the government an, not of mainland China; the problem for the United States in Asia is to help Asian countries improve economic and social situations.

The signed declaration stresses the and the difficulties to securing peace brought about by the isolation of United States from China and the isolation of China from the community of nations.

Fairbank said that he signed the statement becasue it promotes putting Communist China in contact with other nations.

Regarding the difficulty of maintaining conditions with Taipel while removing oppostion to Peking's admission into the U.N., Fairbank, said that the feud between Nationalist China and the main land is not something concerning this He emphasized the importance of leaving the United States fleet in Taiwan Straight, but he said that the real problems between Peking and Tapei dissolved through negotiations by countries.