Harvard Stickmen Aim for Victory In Tossup Game Against Tiger Ten

Game Time: 3 p.m.

What can Harvard possibly do to defeat Princeton lacrosse team today? Princeton won the Ivy crown last year looked like the strongest team in the East at the beginning of the season. But guess again.

Harvard, though off to a slow start, it seems to be playing well. Last Saturday the Crimson gave Cornell a scare before dropping a narrow 7-5 decision. Wednesday, Harvard lost another close 8-6 to Williams.

Harvard did not lose to two patsies, ever. Cornell seems to be the only team that can challenge Brown for the title and Williams captured the New England championship last year.

The Crimson stickmen are always up for the Princeton game. Last year, they almost upset the Tigers at Princeton, this years Harvard enjoys the home advantage.

Besides this, Harvard has a completely healthy ballclub. Princeton, on the other hand, has lost starting midfielder Al Keidel for the season.

Princeton usually a slow starter in the Spring, has become progressively worse as the season rolls on. The Tigers, 1-4 now, were trounced, 11-3 last Saturday Brown. The loss was the worst in Princeton lacrosse history and for all practical purposes eliminated the Tigers from the Ivy race before they started running.

With Princeton down and Harvard up, today's games should be quite a battle. If Harvard goalie Ron Wilson can come up with a good day, and Crimson midfielders are able to tighten up their leaky defense, look for Harvard to tame the Tiger.