Ivy Network to Select 11 Affiliates

The Ivy Network, national advertising representative for all eight Ivy League radio stations, plans to invite up to 11 other Eastern schools to become affiliates.

James T. Hill '67, who was elected president of the network last week, said that if no legal difficulties arise, Ivy will become the exclusive sales representative for B.C., Colgate Middleburry, M.I.T., N.Y.U., Lehigh, St. Lawrence, Union, and American University.

The network considered the number of broadcasting hours, managerial organization, and quality of programming in inviting stations. "We want the affiliates to have the same general image as the present member stations," Hill explained. "We sell because of our selective image--that of high income students.

Ivy's receipts should double under the affiliation system, increase the network's profits by about 15 per cent, Hill said. Last year Ivy brought about $65,000 in advertising to its eight number stations.

Hill anticipated no other major changes in the network's policies, except a possible increase in the number of program exchange among member and affiliate stations.

The first Harvard undergraduate to serve as president since the founding of the network in 1953. Hill will hold the post until May 1967. He is also president of WHRB.