Runners' Victory String at Stake As Powerful Cadets Host Crimson

Last Saturday Army broke the Crimson track team's 26-meet victory string with a resounding win in the Heptagonals. Tomorrow the Cadets host Bill Mc-Curdy's runners with the hope of ending Harvard's dual meet streak at 22.

Army was the last team to top the Crimson, and they dit it outdoors at West Point two years ago. Bill Straub, the long distance predecessor of sensational Jim Warner, did Harvard in with a double in the mile and two-mile.

Sports scribes expect the same to happen tomorrow, but Captain Tony Lynch and his Crimson teammates are itching for an upset.

"We're thinking revenge," Lynch said, and our chances are very good. If Army is looking ahead to the Army-Navy meet, they'll be in trouble."

Lynch and his senior teammates, Chris Pardee and Walt Hewlett, would appear to be the ones in trouble right now. All three are nursing leg injuries.

Hewlett Out?

Only Hewlett, with a calf sprain, is likely to miss action. Lynch plans to run in both hurdle events, and Pardee, even crippled, will be favored in the high jump, broad jump, and triple jump.

"There's no point in talking about these injuries," Lynch said. "The only thing to do is forget about them. I know I'll be starting in the race, and that's about all you can say."

Even if Lynch and Pardee come through with victories, the Crimson will be hard-pressed to win. Trey Burns rates the nod in the 880, and junior Wayne Anderson should sweep a mediocre field of Cadet sprinters, but Army completely dominates the weight events, and only a major upset by the likes of Jim Baker can prevent Warner from posting two wins.

The quartet of Warner, Larry Hart, Dan Seebart, and Steve Kujawski accounted for 42 3-4 of Army's 73 3-5 points in the Heps. Warner took the mile and the two-mile. Hart took the hammer throw, was second in the discus, and fourth in the shot. Seebart won both the shot and the discus, setting a new academy record in the latter event with a 170 ft., 1 in. effort. Kujawski copped the pole vault to repeat his performance in the indoor Heps.

Rely on Depth

Faced by this kind of power, Harvard will rely on its depth--a quantity the Crimson has had more to brag about in years past. Harvard performers will have to be bunched around the West Poin superstars for McCurday and company to win. Lynch and Pardee will have to score heavily, but the second-liners are the key men for Harvard.

Ron Wilson can perform the greatest service if Le can break up the Cadet's strength in the weight events. Sam Robinson can also help by garnering points in the sprints and the 440.