'Cliffe Ad Hoc Committee Meets, Asks RGA Not to Endorse RPC

By Anne DE Saint phalle

The Radcliffe Ad Hoc Committee held an open meeting last night to crystallize its opposition to the Administration's role in student government.

The group, spawned by last spring's hunger strike against the College's housing policies, deplored the lack of student power at Radcliffe.

"I feel that you people are incidental to Mrs. Bunting's plans--if you dissent from the Administration and make the road a little bumpy, you have to be smoothed out," Jacqueline M. Lindsay '68 a member of the committee, said last night.

About 20 students attended the meeting, which centered on a resolution not to endorse the Radcliffe Policy Committee, an Administration appointed group of five students and five Administration members set up this fall.

One-Woman Show

"Mrs. Bunting conceived it, appointed it, convened it, and chaired it--without consulting a single student as far as we can see," said Rachel A. Radio '68, another member.

Mrs. Bunting's appointment of the RPC is particularly irksome to the members of the Ad Hoc Committee because it seems to them to thwart the charge they were given when the Ad Hoc Committee was formed as a result of the hunger strike last spring.

That charge, according to a petition posted in most Radcliffe dorms this week, was to make recommendations concerning greater student participation in determining policy decisions at the College.

Rejection Endorsed

Last night Miss Radlo urged students to resolve in today's meeting of the Radcliffe Government Association that RGA not endorse the RPC.

The Committee hopes that such a resolution, strengthened by general student and alumnae support, would convince Mrs. Bunting that the RPC is "as unsatisfactory a solution to the problem of providing effective student voice... as all previous student organizations" have been.

During the meeting Diane Balter '68 identified herself as a member of the RPC and said that she supported Miss Radlo's stand.

The rest of the meeting consisted of a talk by Miss Lindsay with comments from other students on the state of student government at Radcliffe. There was some discussion of the fact that the fourth item on the agenda for tomorow's RGA meeting is the abolition of RGA.