Crimson Eleven May Find B.U. An Easy Touch

By Robert P. Marshall

When Harvard scheduled Boston University to replace Tufts as this year's second football opponent, local fans cheered in eager anticipation. In place of an outmanned pushover from Medford, the Crimson was taking on a cross-Charles rival many experts were predicting to win the mythical New England championship.

But now it seems B.U. may not be so tough after all, if the scores to come out o fother action this weekend are any indication. Not only did the Terriers lose their first game, 22-16 to Temple, but the two teams they had previously beaten also fell before Ivy League opposition.

Playing in Philadelphia, B.U. trailed 22-0 going into the final quarter. It took a 71-yard pass run with an interception and a fourth-down touchdown pass that bounced through four Temple defenders to narrow the final margin to respectability.

In another contest of interest to the Crimson, Columbia upset Colgate 17-14 behind the running and passing of Marty Domres. The junior quarterback contributed 255 yards in a game the Lions dominated, reversing last year's 38-0 loss to the Red Raiders.

B.U. had beaten Colgate 20-14 last week, and had opened its season with a 20-16 win over Bucknell.

Bucknell, who along with Colgate had fallen by less than a touchdown to B.U. earlier in the season, was handled more summarily by Cornell, 23-7. Junior Bill Roberthson stood out in his quarterbacking debut as the Big Red put the game away with two first-period touchdowns.

Dartmouth and Princeton gave notice that they intend to fight Harvard for the Ivy Crown all three shared last year with wins over tough opponents. The Indians looked strong everywhere they were supposed to be weak, as they walloped the University of Massachusetts, 28-10.

Forms for the CRIMSON telephone directory are now available in House dining halls. Students who want to be listed should make sure to fill one out.