New Zealanders Added to Faculty, Ford Announces

Dean Ford has announced the appointment of two professors, both New Zealanders, to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, effective July 1.

Patrick D. Hanna, who is known for his studies of Chinese fiction and theatre, has been elected a professor of Chinese Literature. An authority on Chinese vernacular literature, Hanna is now chairman of the Department of Asian Languages at Stanford University.

Harold J. Hanham, an expert on 19th century British politics, will be a professor of History. A Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, Hanham is currently a professor of Politics at the University of Edinburgh. He has written "Elections and Party Management: Politics in the Time of Disraeli and Gladstone."

Hanham and Hanna both studied in New Zealand--at Aukland University and the University of New Zealand, respectively--but they received their doctorates at English universities--Cambridge and the University of London.

The Business School has also announced a new appointment: Paul R. Lawrence has been elected the Wallace Brett Don ham Professor of Organizational Behavior. Lawrence is now at the Business School heading the study of organizational behavior.

Lawrence succeeds Fritz J. Roethlisberger as Donham Professor. Roethlisberger, Lawrence's teacher and collaborator, was one of the first to do clinical research on the human problems of management.