Leverett Takes Intramurals Lead; Quincy's Fabiani Scores 30 Points

Both Eliot and Leverett have two undefeated intramural teams after four weeks of House play, but Leverett has edged out Eliot for the over-all lead, 21-19, on the basis of last week's action.

Eliot retains its slim leads in both soccer and tackle football. Leverett's once-beaten soccer team won twice last week--once by forfeit over Winthrop--to narrow the lead held by idle Eliot. The Bunnies' other win was over Adams, 1-0.

In tackle football, Adams dumped Kirkland to move into a second-place tie with Kirkland, while Dudley picked up an easy triumph when Winthrop didn't field a team. Dunster scored a touchdown late in the final period to eke out a 6-6 tie with Leverett.

The Bunnies had scored first when Jack Noyes stole the ball from Dunster's punter and ran for a touchdown. Lowell held Eliot to a scoreless tie.

An exciting race has developed in the touch football competition. Speedy flankerback Jim Fabiani scored five touch-downs in two games to lead undefeated Quincy to wins over Kirkland and Dudley. The two victories moved Quincy into a tie with Leverett for the league lead. Against Kirkland, Quincy rolled to a 53-26 score after leading by only 18-13. at the half. Two days later, Quincy disposed of Dudley, 33-18.

Sophomore quarterback Steve Manion and end Steve Hosea sparked Leverett's powerful offense as the undefeated Bunnies routed Adams, 38-18. Dunster remained one game behind as Tom Burkhard and Bo Bohannon led the way to a 28-0 blanking of Adams and a 28-18 win over Lowell.

Leverett now has 21 points in the three-sport competition, while Eliot has 19 and Dunster 18. Winthrop had a successful week as it increased its point total to 6 to tie Adams for eighth place.