Wallace Arrives In Boston Today

By David I. Bruck

Amid tight security and threats of violence, George C. Wallace will bring his Presidential campaign to Boston today.

The former Alabama governor is scheduled to arrive at Logan Airport at 2:25 p.m. His plans include a motorcade to the Charlestown Navy Yard and a 5:30 p.m. rally on Boston Common. Wallace will leave for Scranton, Pa. immediately after the Common rally.

Warning

Charles H. McGlue, chairman of the Wallace fund-raising drive in Massachusetts, issued a warning yesterday to anyone "stupid enough" to demonstrate against Wallace at the Common today. McGlue said that off-duty police and firemen will be on hand to form a bodyguard for their candidate, and that "protesters will find there are a lot of people to take them on."

Steven J. Kelman '70, president of the Harvard Young People's Socialist League, plans to distribute anti-Wallace leaflets at the Common. About 50 Harvard students are expected to help distribute the leaflets, which attack Wallace's claim to be a friend of the workingman. Kelman said yesterday that the group will carry anti-Wallace signs but will not shout or attempt to disrupt the rally.

Strict Security

Reporters who went to Wallace headquarters yesterday afternoon to get credentials to cover the visit, encountered strict security precautions. Wallace officials required a formal letter from each newsman's employer including such information as the reporter's social security number and date of birth. Arthur Dees, a Wallace aide, said that the Secret Service had requested the measures, but a Secret Service spokesman in Boston later denied that the Secret Service had been responsible for the precautions.