Recommendations to the HUC
* Establish a student review board within each department to help in deciding tenure for professors. (Passed by the HUC.)
* House election of HPC members. (Passed.)
* Students should not participate on any "committees"--of the student-faculty-administration variety--until they have been assured concrete power in these decisions in which they are being asked to "participate." Participation must be equal and responsible. (Passed.)
* Regarding such concrete power, students should not accept minority status on any group which makes the "social" decisions at Harvard College. (Passed.)
* HUC members should be elected by popular election in every House, not chosen by the House Committees.
* House Masters should be nominated by a committee composed two-thirds of students and one third of the Senior Common Room in every House; Masters' terms should be subject to committee review after a specific period of time. (Passed.)
* Student selection of House faculty.
* Abolish the Committee on Houses and decentralize all social decisions to House level; create in its place a Committee for Small Problems with Master and an elected student from each House.
* A minimum of one-half of the Board of Overseers should be composed of students and faculty and both students and faculty should be allowed to vote for all Overseers members.
* Three out of five members of the Corporation should be students or faculty members serving four-year non-continuous terms and elected by Overseers or by student-faculty-alumni.
* The President of the University should be elected by students and faculty to serve a four-year renewable term.