It's Love at First Sweat At Mixer in Memorial Hall

It was love at first sight.

Murray loved Sylvia when he first laid eyes on her in Memorial Hall. There she was, all beautiful and sweaty. He went up to her to talk even if the music of the Kingsmen was really good because he wanted to tell her his feelings but then because the music was so loud she couldn't hear him very well and she replied that her dress was only wet because she was sweating.

Outside over a Coke in the plastic cups Sylvia told Murray how the dress was brand new because she bought it for her senior prom but no one had invited her. Murray thought that was nice; he really liked new dresses.

Then out on the steps of Memorial Hall they talked about the fact that both of them had been to all the mixers but never met anyone before except one boy that Sylvia would not even speak of, but who Murray knew because the boy was his roommate.

Later in the apartment Murray couldn't resist, he put his arm around Sylvia; he wanted to tell her a secret so that he could whisper in her ear again, but he couldn't think of one so he just told her that he was hot.

Sylvia agreed that the weather was humid and warm but she insisted she did not care. In fact, she said firmly, "That was the best mixer I have been to since Brotherhood Week when the Baptist Church decided to hold their annual dance in the Synagogue."

"Return," screamed Sylvia at exactly seven minutes to one. And it shocked Murray; he had forgotten about religion and the theory of the eternal return. But of course as a fine specimen of summer school girl Sylvia had remembered the curfew.

She let herself go, however, at the end. A good night kiss for Murray for such a wonderful night.

Goodnight Sylvia; Goodnight Murray.