Some Football Players Still Out, But Hornblower, Farneti Healthy

The Crimson football team is certainly not at full strength, and yet another quarterback will be starting, but the situation today is not as bad as it has been at other times this season.

The costliest game in terms of injuries was the loss to Boston University three weeks ago, and it now seems that most of those hurt in the game against the Terriers are nearly recovered.

The most crucial injury in that game was the dislocated elbow suffered by Gary Farneti, the left linebacker. But Farneti will be back in the lineup today with heavy elbow padding, as Harvard seeks a way to stop the infamous Dartmouth rushing game. Second fullback Tom Miller was also hurt three weeks ago, but is now ready for limited service.

The most recent drop-out from the line-up is quarterback Dave Smith, who sprained an ankle in Thursday's practice. There is a chance that he will play in spots, but junior John O'Grady is likely to do most of the quarterbacking. He has been in two games, completing two passes in three attempts.

There was some concern late this week that star halfback Ray Hornblower was ailing and would not play at full strength, but in yesterday's practice, he ran at full speed with no signs of a limp.

Larry Kram and Ed Lukawski, backup men on the Crimson defense, are both injured and will be used only if absolutely necessary.

Dartmouth, which suffered so many injuries last season, has been luckier this fall. There was worry when halfback Clark Beier was lost for the season in the Holy Cross game, but John Short has been exceptionally dependable as Beier's replacement.