Afro Center Will Select 10 Officers

Students who have been working on the new Afro-American Cultural Center will elect a set of officers this week to direct the Center's activities.

The Cultural Center Committee-a group that has worked on plans and programs for the Center since the Faculty approved the Rosovsky Report's plan for Afro-American Studies last Spring-announced the elections at a meeting last week. At the meeting, the committee also discussed progress on raising funds and finding a building to house the Center.

Elections Thursday

The elections will be held this Thursday at a time and place still to be announced. Students who come to the election will choose ten officers-a president of the Center, a coordinator, two activities chairmen, and seven other directors to oversee finances, development, rules and regulations, library, personnel, architecture, and interior decoration.

The Cultural Center is not-despite an incorrect report in yesterday's CRIMSON-the result of the Rosovsky Report's recommendation for a "Center or Institute of Afro-American Studies." Rather, the Center grew out of the Report's endorsement of a cultural center for black students, modeled after the Catholic Newman Center or Hillel House.