Adams, Kirkland, Leverett Score Touch Football, Soccer Triumphs

In yesterday's intramural action. Kirkland and Adams split a pair of contests in touch football and soccer while Leverett slaughtered Dunster in touch football.

Kirkland's soccer team eked out a slim victory over Adams to run its record to 2-0 for the young season. Kirkland whipped Winthrop by an identical margin earlier in the week for its first victory.

Lou Levin scored both goals for the winners and goalie Kim Dunn made repeated saves throughout the game, including the save of one penalty kick by Adams.

Alvaro Catao scored Adams' only goal on a penalty kick. Ken Tigar and Jackson Bryce assisted him in bolstering the team's attack. Adams' record is now 0-1 for the season.

Dee Kirkpatrick. Gil Deford, and Otto Rolich led Adams to revenge in the touch football game as they eased by Kirkland in a 31-27 free-for-all.

Kirkpatrick tossed four touchdown passes. most of which were caught by Deford. Rolich nabbed another of Kirkpatrick's TD pases and also threw one himself.

Leverett completely slaughtered Dunster, 29-0 in touch football yesterday as five different Bunnies got in on the scoring. The final score would have broken the 40-point barrier if two of Leverett's touchdowns had not been called back because of penalties.

Andy Glickson. Mike Bundy, Dan Walsh and Steve Manion all scored touchdowns for the Bunnies and George Murphy caught a Dunster player in the end zone for a safety.

Manion credited Leverett's success to "genuine razzle-dazzle football. We had the ball in the air most of the afternoon, and it really seemed to work for us. We think we have a chance to win the championship, although there's no denying that Quincy will be tough," he said.