Ivies Choose MacBean For Back of Week

For the second time in five weeks of Ivy League play. Princeton quarterback Scott MacBean has been named Ivy Leagne Back of the Week. He earned the honor for his vital part in Princeton's 51-20 roping over Harvard Saturday.

MacBean, a senior playing in a T-formation for the first time in four years, is far ahead of everyone in total offense with 953 yards. 831 of them on passing. His completion percentage has risen to 633.

The selection did not come as much of a-surprise to most of those who saw Saturday's game. The Tiger attack operated almost to perfection while rolling over a usually stubborn defense. Harvard coach John Yoviesin said. "I've never seen a team execute offensively as Princeton did in the first half in my 12 years here."

One reason for his success in moving the team is his ability to read defenses and call audible at the line of scrimmage. He picked apart the Harvard unit. "He was a hell of a quarterback as far as brainwork goes." said Gary Farneti, the Crimson's left linebacker.

Eastern television watchers may got a chance to see MacBean against Lartmouth. ABC has been planning to televise the Harvard-Yale game, but it will probably drop that game for the Prince-ton-Dartmouth contest. A Tiger win over Yale Saturday will make that switch a certainty.