TYPOS

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I have long been a careful reader of the CRIMSON. I therefore have long known that it is, in accurate typesetting if not in content, clearly the superior of the otherwise august New York Times. Therefore, when I read my article, which I had entitled "The Radical Scholar and the Center for International Affairs," in your Friday issue. I found your typographical errors surprising and even incredible. Not only did you misprint several words but you changed them so much as to destroy the meaning of the sentences. Nor did you stop there, or rather you stopped all too soon: you left out my entire concluding paragraph. (But you managed to print an ad for "in its place: clearly you are more commercial than radical.)

Although my last paragraph is probably forever lost, let me at least give the right words for your major misprints. In the third paragraph, I said "but to many men like myself, one answer is clear." In the fifth paragraph I said "Only this combination will have the skill and the strength to outlast the repressions and resources of corporate America." The third paragraph of the second column should have read. "But the proportion of radicals to conventionals will be far smaller in any other durable institution." In the third paragraph from the (or rather your) conclusion, I said, "the test will not long be applied by the side that is rich only in fashion and fragmentation."

I hope that when you print this letter you will return to your normal typesetting standard instead of having no standard at all.