Boston Radicals Rally For the G.E. Strikers

Members of three radical groups will demonstrate their solidarity with the General Electric strikers at 4 p.m. next Tuesday.

The demonstrators plan to rally at 177 Milk Street the office of J. E. Lawrence, member of the Executive Committee of G. E.'s Board of Directors. They will then march to the State House for a second rally.

Lawrence, first informed of the rally yesterday, said that he had a business engagement in Georgia on Tuesday which he plans to keep.

Three radical groups-the Cambridge Peace and Freedom Party, the Progressive Labor Party and Boston-area SDS-will participate in the demonstration under the auspices of the GE Solidarity Committee.

Michael Harrington prominent Socialist and author of The Other America, joined 15 pickets in front of the Harvard Coop yesterday.

YPSL has been picketing the Coop to remove all G.E.'s products from the store's shelves since November 22. Tomorrow, Benjamin Ross '71, Boston coordinator for the Youth Committee to Support G.E. Workers, will present a petition with over 1400 signatures to acting Coop manager Alexander Zavelle-asking him to discontinue Coop sales of all G.E. products.

"When they have 5000 signatures, then the Coop will start to listen." Zavelle said, several days ago.