Cagers to Clash With Dartmouth; Will Try to Avenge 100-85 Defeat

By Jonathan P. Carlson

Sophomore guard Matt Bozek did not want to comment on the Crimson basketball team's performance at M. I. T. Monday night, but did venture a prediction yesterday on tonight's Dartmouth game, which will begin at 8 p.m. in the IAB. "We'll be ready for them." he said.

Harvard will definitely have to be ready for the Big Green if it hopes to avenge a 100-85 loss to Dartmouth earlier this season and notch its first Ivy League win of the winter.

The Big Green has compiled a 7-4 overall record that includes the championship of the Vanderbilt Classic. Though only 1-2 in the Ivy League. Dartmouth stayed with both Penn and Princeton on the road. losing by respectable margins to each.

With a front line of 6' 10" Jim Masker, 6' 6" Alex Winn. and 6' 5" sophomore Paul Erland, the Indians boast the strongest rebounding combination in New England. Erland, who leads Dartmouth with an average of 21.7 points per game, tallied 27 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to pace the Big Green to its last win over the Crimson.

Junior guard Dale Dover, who has turned in several superb defensive performances this winter, will guard Erland tonight. If Dover can contain Erland. Harvard's chances of winning will be greater.

The pivotal factor for the Crimson may be its ability to shoot for a decent percentage-around 45 per cent. something it hasn't done yet this season. In its first match with Dartmouth. Harvard went for five minutes before it scored its first start his "small team" -Bozek. Dover. and point.

Harvard coach Bob Harrison plans to Joe Stanislaw-along with captain Ernest Hardy and Brian Newmark, to give the Crimson added speed and stronger defense against the Big Green's fast-break attack.

In the freshman preliminary at 6 p.m. Harvard's powerful Yardlings will seek their eighth straight win against a strong Dartmouth squad that they edged 91-89 at Hanover.

Harvard's freshmen-who are averaging 105-5 points per game-will be playing without Marshall Sanders, who is out with a sprained ankle.