Crimson Booters Play Tufts This Afternoon

By Robert W. Gerlach

Harvard's varsity soccer team, having reached agreement upon substitution policy, will face Tufts at 2 p.m. this afternoon on the Business School Field.

Coach Bruce Munro and captain Solomon Gomez discussed the lineup yesterday, and they have decided to reevaluate strategy before each game. "The import decision was that the substitutions will always be made for tactical reasons," Munro said.

Because the lineup for today's game has been designed according to a particular strategy against Tufts, Munro did not wish to publicize the changes before the game. "That would defeat the whole purpose," he said.

In discussing the situation in goal, Munro and Gomez met with Shep Messing and Bill Meyers and decided to play each goalie for half of each game. "That way both players know they are going to play and can get psyched up in advance," Munro said.

Despite the controversies within the team over the past two weeks, the Crimson has played its best soccer of the year in victories over Cornell and Dartmouth.

Harvard has not lost to Tufts in 19 years, but last season the Jumbos kept the ball at the Harvard end of the field for 20 minutes in the third period and led, 3-2, with just 12 minutes remaining in the game. Only two last minute goals by Charlie Thomas prevented an upset.

Tufts, playing a 4-3-4, concentrates on chipping the ball from the midfield line to the forwards rather than a short passing game. Last year against the (and if paid, what amount), are wholly within the control of student organizations," he said.

According to another HISC report issued earlier this month, the campus speaking circuit helps finance "promoters of disorderly and revolutionary activities among students."

"The report of the HISC is without any proper legislative purpose and infringers on the Constitutional rights of individuals named therein," Gesell said.