HSA Alters 'Let's Go'; It's Longer, Has Maps

The snow hasn't even begun to fall yet, but some Harvard students have already done their thinking about next summer.

The 12th annual edition of Let's Go Europe, published by Harvard Student Agencies, is ready for the printers and will be available Dec. 23. Although the price is up 30 cents to $2.25, the HSA people say the new version will be worth it.

"We tried to be more specific and write only things which are really helpful, cutting out flowery writing and unnecessary praise of countries," DonaldC. Thomas '72, manager of HSA's publishing division, said yesterday.

New this year are maps of hitchhiking routes and nine cities, and some especially valuable information:

"As you undoubtedly have heard, Holland has become the unofficial capital of the European drug scene. . . But you can still get busted for bringing dope in, so don't do it, especially since it is so easily available in Holland."

New Info

Two countries-Hungary and Finland-are covered this year for the first time, and there is a new treatment of some old standbys. The guide mentions the Greek junta's torture of political prisoners and adds:

"When making a decision about visiting Greece . . . you should know that tourism, as Greece's third largest industry, is very important to its economy. Just as the American government's military assistance constitutes political support of the regime, so an American tourist's foreign currency constitutes economic support."