Holworthy Smashes Thayer South In Freshman Basketball Tourney

Four against products of Fred Jewett's jock factory overwhelmed Thayer South Monday night in the IAB to give Holworthy a ?-49 victory and the Freshman Intramural Basketball Championship.

Dominating the boards, Bettis Rainsford, Wayne Boardman, Seth Lichter, and John Rosendahl, all 6' 6", managed to draw frequent elbows, obscenities, and trips to the foul line from their frustrated opponents. Foul shooting consequently made the difference, keeping Holworthy in the game during the first half and winning it in the second.

Jewet, a proctor who traditionally stocks his dorm with jocks, overloaded his dorm with basketball players this year. Holworthy was able to use two platoons for most of the season. The one night they lacked depth they lost their only game of the season, to Thayer South. Holworthy's victim in the finals.

Play-Off

Monday night's game was the culmination of a play-off between the two freshman intramural leagues. The four entries from the "National League" all lost in the first round of the post-season tournament-Matthews North, Thayer South, and Holworthy-all tied with 8-1 records after regular season play-went on to fight it out for the championship along with the "American League's" fourth entry, Hurlbut.

The Holworthy spokesmen, Mike Freeman and Mike Murr, decided after the game that Fred Jewett should break training and give the victors a beer party.

A spectator from Thayer commented, "It's no fair, it's just no fair."