Wrestlers Meet Engineers Tonight; Hope to Improve on 7-3 Record

By M. DEACON Dake

Harvard's varsity wrestling team hopes to maintain the momentum gained from its aggressive performance against C.C.N.Y. when it visits M.I.T. tonight for a 7:30 p.m. match.

In raising its record to 7-3 on Saturday, the Crimson recorded seven pins out of nine matches against C.C.N.Y.

In the very successful encounter there was one exceedingly bright note. With the number of injuries plaguing the squad, it was of great comfort to coach John Lee to watch 134-pound Gerry Kahrilas pin his opponent in the first period. It was the first bout this season for the transfer student from Brown, who has been out with mononucleosis.

While the Beavers were being demolished by Harvard, 43-5, Saturday afternoon, M.I.T. was suffering a similar fate at the hands of Dartmouth. The loss dropped the Engineers' record to 3-3.

"M.I.T. has always been a strong wrestling school but they're not as strong this season as they have been in the last couple of years." coach Lee said. "One reason for their weakness is inexperience. They've been forced to go with a lot of freshmen in their lineup."

Against the Engineers, Harvard will again be without the services of Dave Scanlon, 190 pounds, and Collin Mangrum, 158 pounds. Both are suffering from knee injuries suffered about two weeks ago in practice.

Harvard's lineup will be stronger tonight that it was against C.C.N.Y. Kahrilas, Josh Henson, Jon Peters, and captain Pat Coleman, who were all moved up a weight class to help fill the injury gaps against C.C.N.Y., will be back in their normal weight brackets.

Mike Slutzker will be inserted at 158 pounds to replace Mangrum, and Mark Faller, 167 pounds, and heavy-weight Tom Tripp will be back in the lineup after a one meet vacation.