Eight Gridders Make All-Ivy

By Grady M. Bolding

Eight Crimson players--including captain Dave Ignacio and captain-elect Ted DeMars--were named yesterday to the 1971 Associated Press All-Ivy football team. Harvard placed four representatives on both the first team and the honorable mention list.

Joining Ignacio and DeMars on the first team were center Skip Starck and defensive tackle Mark Steiner. Tight end John Hagerty, split end Denis Sullivan, guard Frank Veteran, and defensive end Mitch Berger were all given honorable mention.

Ignacio, who was given the 1971 Crocker Award as most valuable player by his teammates last week, led Harvard in defensive statistics this season with 71 tackles and five interceptions.

DeMars led the Crimson in total offense with 650 yards. He finished fifth in the Ivy League in total offense and placed third in rushing.

Mark Steiner, the only Crimson repeater from last year's All-Ivy squad, has also been picked to play in the North-South Shrine Game to be played December 27th in Miami.

Joining DeMars at running backs were, of course, Ed Marinaro of Cornell and Princeton's Hank Bjorklund. Don Jackson of Columbia, who finished second in the league in total offense behind Marinaro, was named first string quarterback.