Fox Planning to Resign OGCP Office Next Year

By Mark C. Frazier

John B. Fox, Jr. '59--who has overseen the growth of the Office for Graduate and Career Planning (OGCP) since 1967--said yesterday that he expects to resign the office directorship "sometime in the next calendar year."

"When I would resign has been an open topic for the past year," Fox said yesterday. "It was just a question of when I would not be able to handle both of my jobs."

In addition to his job at the OGCP, Fox has worked as assistant to the dean of the Faculty since July 1, 1971. The newer job includes duties as Secretary to the Faculty Council and membership on the Search Committee for a new dean of the College.

"I've only been spending a few hours a week at the OGCP this fall," Fox said.

Prior to July 1, Fox did 'special assignments' for Dean Dunlop on a part-time basis.

During Fox's four year tenure the OGCP added one new full-time and two part-time counselors, doubling the original staff. The OGCP also took over processing of draft forms and the administration of 80 per cent of the fellowships available to University graduates.