Down the Hatch and Down the Chimney

With apologies to Frank Sullivan and others

And the same for Douglas Dillon; A great big grant for Victor Jones, And for the MCZ, some bones; An insect necktie for Williams, Carroll For Douglas Bryant, a Widener Carrel. And we'll relive the Battle of the Boyne again Led by Daniel Patrick Moynihan. And could we forget, at this gladsome Yule Emily Dickinson Townsend Vermeule? Courteousely our hats we'll doff, then. For Kenneth and for Stanley Hoffmann. Free, Moira, yes. And flee, Thanatos! While we drink to James Yannatos. A nice new Bible would be For Peter and Charles P. Price, loast Muhammed Ali, and his awesome fight skill, Then drink a skoal to toast, every cabbie, cop The working class hero. A collile, or a cocker spaniel. For the Crimson's radical, Swanson, Daniel Then jet the huzzab grow st For John H. Updike, a new Some hot new news for Mary A week as Deacon Dake's won best pick For Harvard football and Joe Restic Raise benediction and raise orison For Samuel E. and Theodore Mor(r)ision. Was sail in bowls and cups we'll carry To Stewart, Chalmers, Andrews, and Parry Pleasant hellos and pleasant looks For Liller, Smithies. Dunn, and Crooks In Mather House, we'll throw and party For Burriss Young and Skid von State Toast Allen Ginsberg, Peter Orloys Thomas Schelling and Henry Rosovsky We bring glad tidings from afar To Michael Walzer. Judith Shklar, Willard V. Quine and Stanley Cave Jean Mayer, Roger R.D. Revelle, Peter Elder. Martin Kilson William Alfred, J.Q. Wilson Robert Lowell, Robert Kiely. Lawrence Kohlberg. Lawrence Wylie jeremy Sabloff, Jeffrey Brian. J.P. Russo, J.J. Lingane, Albert Sacks and Albert Lord, John K. Fairbank. John M. Ward. Paul A. Freund and Paul A. Cantor. Francis M. and Paul M. Bator. Jack M. Stein and Christa Saas. Ross G. Terrill. Arthur Maass. The list is long, and could be longer. Our Christmas feelings grow still stronger, Yet fatigue is mightier than the pen, We could go all night and even thenFinal thought