Samborski Likely to Head Yankee Conference Office

By Bradford B. Kopp

All indications last night pointed to the appointment of Adolph W. Samborski '25. Harvard director of athletics until last spring, as Commissioner of the Yankee Football Conference.

Reliable sources have said that Samborski's appointment will be announced sometime early next week.

"I can't say anything now," Sambrorski said yesterday evening. "I don't want to hedge. I have talked to the President of the University of Maine, who is chairman of the Yankee Conference. Anything that is said has got to await his words." he added.

The Yankee Football Conference includes the Universities of Massachusetts, Connecticut. Maine. Rhode Island. New Hampshire. and Vernont. There is speculation that B.U. and Delaware will be asked to join, but the decision will not be made until a June meeting of the college presidents.

"It's just in the talking stage," Andrew Mooradian. U.N.H. director of athletics, said yesterday. "With his experience on the national level and at Harvard, he'd be a great addition."

Mooradian also said that the Yankee Conference is considering moving its office from the University of Connecticut at Storrs to the University of New Hampshire in Durham, N.H.-only 20 miles from Samborski's home in York, Maine.