IAB Hosts Fight of Century Today Farneti-O'Neal Set to Do Battle

By M. DEACON Dake

"Gary, could I have a picture of you with Bob to play up the big fight tomorrow?"

"No pictures," Farneti suspped.

"Uh, wh-wh-why?"

"No pictures," he resnapped.

Why is Gary upset? This is the big match of the year. His respectable punching opponent, sophomore transfer student Bob O'Neal, was willing to run through a collection of head-ons and profiles before the camera. Is it possible this could be a psyche move by the three-time champion? Or was Gary just upset because of the way the standing-room-only crowd drenched the champ in a thunderstorm of boos during his semi-final match yesterday?

A Real Spectacle

At any rate, during this big match and 11 other title bouts there will be a lot of "heavy hittin' and head splitting'" today at 4 p. m. on the gym floor of the IAB.

"I thought today was one of the best shows we've had here in a long time as far as action and knowledge are concerned." tournament director Henry Lamar said beaming.

"As far as the big one goes, Farneti is a pretty good boxer, he has the athletic ability, strength, and speed to take anybody. But I promise you he won't be able to take any liberties with Bob O'Neal. I wouldn't sell O'Neal short, he has some kind of courage."

Other interesting matches and contestants to watch for are: at the House 105-pound division. Winthrop's dancing Steve D'Arey, who comes complete with red paisley trunks, blue shirt, and a cigar-smoking manager, will meet Lowell's Dave Kreis. who received a bye into the finals. In the semis. D'Arey won a close decision over Leverett's Jim Shea, Referee Dick Flaherty had it 59-58.

Toreadors

As far as the freshman bouts are concerned, be sure to circle the unlimited match between Oscar DePriest and Sandy Tennant on your program; it should be the best. Two real bulls, who hit with complete abandon, will lock horns and the lumpy mat at the IAB should have numerous visitors.