Coleman, Faller and Starr Wrestle Today in Alabama

By M. DEACON Dake

Harvard wrestlers Pat Coleman, Mark Faller, and Rich Starr will be among 270 district qualifiers competing in the opening rounds of the NCAA Final Championships today in Auburn. Ala.

All three won District I Championships two weeks ago at Harvard and thus earned the right to go to the nationals, which will continue through Saturday.

The NCAA team champion for the last two years has been Iowa State. This year the Cyclones and their Big Eight Conference rivals Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are expected to fight for the title. "These three schools. have a stranglehold on the championship," Harvard coach John Lee said.

"In fact, since the tournament's beginning, 37 years ago, only three schools other than the Big Eight three have won the title." Lee added.

Coleman will be wrestling at 142 pounds. As captain of the team this season, he finished with a 15-3-1 record and was the only Crimson wrestler to place in the Easterns-finishing fourth.

Competing at 167 pounds for most of the season, Faller has dropped a weight class to 158 pounds where he was a quarter-finalist in last year's NCAA Championship at Northwestern. He ahs been practicing at this weight for three weeks and should be ready to challenge for a place position. To place, Faller must win five matches. It takes six consecutive victories to take the championship.

Starr will be competing at 190 pounds and as a sophomore, he may be one of the quickest entrants in that weight class. "It's a good thing he's going." Lee said. "If he'll only push himself, the sky is the limit."