Court Stays Andy Wilson On Drug Rap

Cambridge courts yesterday continued until September 14 the case of the first student ever arrested in a Harvard dormitory for narcotios violations.

City police charged Andrew M. Wilson '72 with three narcotics counts after they arrested him in his Briggs Hall room on March 18. They accused him of cultivating and growing marijuana, unlawful possession, and being present during the execution of a narcotics search warrant.

Judge M. Edward Viola presided yesterday in East Cambridge District Court. George Lordan, Wilson's attorney, was granted permission to approach the bench. Sgt. Duncan McNeil, head of the Cambridge narcotios squad, was paged and strutted to the bench with a 16-by-20 inch photo enlargement of Wilson's alleged marijuana plant.

Their private consultation with Viola lasted four minutes, and Lerdan agreed to let the police destroy the plant.

Wilson, who was accompanied by his father, is liable to penalties totaling a maximum of seven and one-half years' imprisonment and a $4000 fine.