Racquetmen Pick Fish and Nielson

The tennis team has elected Dave Fish and Chris Nielson as next year's co-captains. "I think the team made two flag choices." coach Jack Barnaby said. "It allows us to have our cake and eat it too.

"Dave will be a great source of inspiration next year, but since he is also captain of the squash team, he won't be able to work with the team until the southern trip. Chris is a really hard worker and will be very valuable during the winter in bringing young players along." Barnaby said.

Fish played third singles and first doubles before he was sidelined after the Princeton with tennis elbow. Nielson, a first-term senior, did not play for the team this year. As a junior in 1970 he was 9-3 at second and third singles, and was ranked first in the East in doubles with Bill Washauer.

"Next year's team will be strong," Fish said. "Harris Masterson and Ken Lindner will be coming up and freshmen will be eligible for the varsity next year. Not playing tennis will put me at a disadvantage, and I may have trouble making fourth singles."

Nielson will also have a hard time breaking back into the top three singles. But Fish and Nielson are a likely second doubles team. Nielson. a hard worker off the court as well, was incommunicado at the Continental Hotel last night working on a paper and could not be reached for comment.