HSA Has Spaces On Charter Flight

Harvard Student Agencies may lose over $5000 this month because of an unfilled California charter flight. The Saturn Airlines flight scheduled to leave Friday and to return January 11 has over 20 seats yet unoccupied.

HSA's general manager Bradley T. Howe '63 said yesterday that HSA is prepared to absorb the deficit at $250 per seat. HSA chartered the Saturn Airways plane two weeks ago when it appeared that the TWA air attendants' strike would extend through Christmas.

TWA had promised fuel allocations for the two flights it managed for HSA, but was unable to fulfill that promise because of the strike.

Regular TWA passenger services will resume December 21, but HSA has cancelled all flights originally scheduled with TWA. Howe fears that these additional commercial flights may make it more difficult to recruit students for the undersubscribed HSA charter flight.

Howe said yesterday, "The sad part was that we had planned a perfect charter program with three full flights. We sat around congratulating ourselves, when suddenly the whole thing fell apart."