Frosh Skaters Win Big; Skuru Ik Trounced, 11-3

Harvard's frosh icemen went on an 11 goal scoring spree last night in Watson Rink and convincingly beat a visiting Swedish team, 11-3.

The Skuru Ik squad, composed of high school players from Stockholm, did not really belong on the same ice with the Crimson. Harvard outskated, outpassed and outchecked the younger team for the entire game.

The frosh controlled the puck well and consistently put pressure on goalie Reino Sundberg, outshooting the Swedes, 36-19.

Crimson wingman Dan Bolduc got the Crimson on the board at 2:54 of the first period when he took a pass from defenseman Tim McKenna and cleanly beat Sundberg on his stick side.

Buldoc beat Sunberg again and defenseman Walt Herbert made a fine pass to Wiz Wyatt to round out the Crimson first period scoring.

Kennet Sundberg took the puck off a face-off, broke away from the Crimson defense and looped a shot over goalie John Aiken for the first Swedish goal at 5:37 of the first.

Skuru Ik, down 3-1 at the end of the first period, had hopes for a comeback, but the Crimson crushed them, scoring four times in the second to the Swedes' one.

Winning Shot

Center Kevin Carr got the winning shot in the second period, as he raced from the red line past three Skuru defenders and slipped the puck by Sundberg.

Nick Bothfield, Phelps "The Duck" Swift, and Paul Howes each tallied once to give the Crimson an insurmountable edge.

The Swedes' only goal in the second came at 11:37 as goalie Dennis O'Donnell caught Stefan Wallen's soft wrist shot, dropped it and watched the puck roll between his legs into the net.

The Crimson came out for the third period up by five at 7-2 and managed to put the puck away four more times.

Carr took a pass from Peter Owen for his second of the night and Kevin Burke, with assists from teammates Buldoc and McKenna, got two quick ones in a row.

Clean Goal

Skuru Ik's cleanest goal of the night came when Kennet Sundberg got his second on a breakaway, blasting a waisthigh shot past Jim Murray from ten feet out.

The frosh third line, which saw a lot of action last night, accounted for the last tally. Defenseman Stephen Dent picked up Bob Shepley's rebound and beat Sundberg again, who pounded the ice in disgust.

The freshmen, who have had a disappointing 9-6 season, meet Brown tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 p.m. in Watson. The Bruins beat the Crimson in their first encounter, 4-2.