Thinclads Set for B.C. Relays; Kulash Cops 9th in Decathlon

The Harvard track team rested yesterday in preparation for today's finale of the Boston College relays, as freshman Frank Kulash was the Crimson's lone participant in yesterday's decathlon.

Kulash finished ninth out of 14 competitors in the two-day event, compiling 4647 points. Brown's Bruce Miller won the decathlon with just over 6000 points.

"I was very disappointed with my second day performance," Kulash said last night. "After Thursday's competition, I was hoping for about 5050 points, but I really did poorly in the discus and pole vault," he said.

Other events in yesterday's competition were the high hurdles, the javelin, and the 1500-meter run. The decathlon began on Thursday with the 100 meters, the long jump, the shot put, the high jump, and the 400 meters. Kulash cleared 6 ft. 1 in. in the high jump, his specialty.

Today's relays, to be held at B.C.'s Jack Ryder Track, will mark the Crimson's last warm-up before regular season competition. Coach Bill McCurdy said he will experiment with many relay combinations, in an attempt to put together sprint and mile relay teams for the rest of the season.

Harvard is strongest in distance medley relay and the pole vault. Bob Clayton, Nick Leone, Ric Rojas and John Quirk make up the distance medley team, while Jim Kleiger leads the pole vaults contingent.