Racquetmen Ready for Brown Match In Move to Extend Unbeaten Record

By Andrew P. Corty

The Crimson tennis team moves into the soft belly of its schedule today against a Brown team that turned in two league wins over the weekend.

The Crimson, fresh from a tense 5-4 victory at Navy, will sport its regular line-up led by Ken Lindner. Entering today's contest with a 2-0 league mark, the netmen should be able to relax a little unless the weather forces the team indoors onto faster courts.

"We'll have to fight to avoid an upset, but we're definitely the favorites going into this one," coach Jack Barnaby said yesterday.

Brown is led by senior Mike Powers and sophomore Dave Miller. Following down the scale the Bruins have lefty Weldon Rogers, Doug Ebenstein, soccer wiz Dicky Lay and Andy Arnold.

The Winning Edge

The doubles teams have provided Harvard's winning edge so far, and today's match should be a good time to tone up and really get the teamwork into shape.

Lindner will be followed by freshman Gary Reiner, who turned in two decisive winning performances against Penn and Navy. Reiner also teamed with number three man John Ingard for doubles victories in both matches.

Harvard players Tom Loring, captain Randy Barnett and Chip Baird will fill out the singles, and Gordy Rowbothem, a hero against Navy, will again join Lindner in the doubles.

Brown advanced to its 2-0 league record with a 6-3 victory over cornell and a 7 1/2-1 1/2 decision over Army.

With half the toughies already disposed of, the next two weeks, with three matches at home and only one away at Cornell, promise to be a mopping-up operation in preparation for real trials later against Columbia and Princeton.