Stickwomen Succumb to Dartmouth, 9-0

Radcliffe Drops Fifth Contest

A seven-goal explosion in the second half carried Dartmouth's undefeated field hockey squad to a 9-0 drubbing of the winless Radcliffe team Saturday.

In suffering its fifth consecutive setback, the Crimson was unable to mount any offensive attack. "Out main problem," assistant coach Molly Quimby said yesterday, "was that we couldn't get the ball over the 50-yard line."

The powerful Green, meanwhile, pressured the Radcliffe defense with a relentless attack the entire game. Only the stalwart efforts of Nancy Sato, Ann Dupuis, and Cha-Nan Tang, who was moved to the back line from her familiar center forward position, kept the score at a respectable 2-0 during the first half.

In the second half, the Crimson defense could no longer contain Dartmouth's swarming attack, which featured two offensive lines instead of the traditional one line of attack.

Bewildered Defense

Radcliffe was unaccustomed to this offense, and the Green scored at will in the second half. They managed to pour seven goals past the bewildered Radcliffe defense, and turned a close contest into a rout.

Despite such a lopsided contest, Quimby said that "it was a beautiful day, and we learned a lot."

Unbeaten Green

The triumph was the fifth consecutive one this season for the unbeaten Green.

The Crimson will now have this week to prepare for the Northeastern College Round Robin, which takes place this weekend on the campus of Phillips Academy, Andover.