Roth Is Only Crimson Iceman Selected to All-America Squad

Harvard's high scoring center iceman, junior Randy Roth earned another post-season honor yesterday as he was named to the annual Eastern All-American (University division) team.

Boston University and New Hampshire combined to take four of the six spots on the all-star squad. Terrier defenseman Vic Stanfield and forward Bill Burlington were selected to the squad, which is decided by the American Hockey Coaches Association. New Hampshire was represented by goaltender Cap Raeder and forward Gordie Clark.

Rounding out the Eastern squad is Cornell defenseman George Kuzmicz. Clark and Kuzmicz are the only seniors on the squad, which has no repeaters this year.

Harvard fans will get a look at two of the Western University division All-Americans tonight in the NCAA tournament, as Michigan Tech placed two players on the team. Forward Mike Zuke and defenseman Jim Nahrgang represent the top ranked Huskies.

Also named to the Western squad are Michigan goalie Robbie Moore, defenseman Norm Barnes of Michigan State and forwards Doug Palazzari of Colorado College and Steve Colp from Michigan State.

New Hampshire mentor Charlie Holt was named by the association as the coach of the year.