A fire in a psycho-physiology lab on the eleventh floor of William James Hall yesterday resulted in $2000 to $3000 of smoke damage to the lab and "utterly destroyed one slide projector," according to David C. Wilcox, assistant superintendent of the Faculty.
Wilcox said that the fire, which was believed to have been caused by a short in the slide projector, began at 11 a.m., but was extinguished shortly thereafter by firemen who rushed to the scene. He added that no one was injured in the fire.
"Although the fire was contained in the projector, the heavy black smoke belching from the burning plastic caused a film to settle over the whole room," Wilcox said.
He said the projector itself was not very valuable, but that the cost of labor involved in cleaning the room would be substantial.