CRR Scorecard

In Progress

Three weeks ago, Mather House voted 122-111 to begin the process of nominating students to the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR).

An ad hoc committee of Mather students has since decided to boycott the CRR, while the publicity surrounding the Mather referendum spurred other Houses to vote to boycott the CRR.

So far, 11 houses have decided to boycott the CRR. Dudley House is now conducting a mail referendum on the boycott, and the Eliot House committee has not yet taken any action on nominating students for the CRR.

Meanwhile, a group of unofficial House representatives met Tuesday night at Dunster to try to draft proposals to reform the CRR, but was unable to agree on any substantive resolutions.

The group did agree to meet again next Tuesday to continue their discussions as an ad hoc committee and meanwhile to seek confirmation as official House representatives.

Dean Whitlock said this week he was not surprised at the House decisions to boycott the CRR, but he and other Faculty members said they were uncertain of how the Faculty would respond to reform proposals coming from the ad hoc committee.