Grapplers End Season This Weekend

Seek 500 Ivy Mark

By Frank Crimmins

After dropping matches to Columbia and Cornell by identical 21-18 scores, the Harvard matmen will hit the road again this weekend to take on Brown on Friday and Yale on Saturday.

The Crimson grapplers (4-8, 2-3 in Ivy) can finish no higher than third in the Ivy league after last weekend's disaster. "Third place is nothing to write home about," Harvard coach Johnny Lee said yesterday, "but right now I'll take it."

"We certainly should be favored against Brown, but Yale will be tough," Lee said. "Besides," the Crimson mentor added, "we would like to place at least one of our boys in the Easterns." "The Easterns" is a post-season tournament, open to every college on the East coast, to determine individual seeds in the national tournament.

Mitch Silverman and Milt Yasunaga will wrestle at 118 and 126, respectively, while Ty Richardson and Bill Haley will split the chores at 134.

Scrappy Kelly Jensen will hold down the 142 slot, and Mike Dee will return after a minor injury. All-Ivy Bruce Johnson will be at 167 with 177-pounder Jim Strathmeyer and the 190-pound John Keough.

Heavyweight Kip Smith, who has improved 100 per cent over last season, will round-out the Harvard lineup. "We'll be looking forward to this weekend." Smith said yesterday. "We'd like to prove that we're a lot better team than our performance last weekend."